September 12, 2008

Viloria de la Rioja

Yesterday evening was a rainy one in Azofra and I awoke to clear skies but windy cold weather. Later in the day it clouded up but never rained. Tonight I´m in a very nice Albergue located in Viloria de la Rioja.... I´m still walking with Mark. I´ve also met up with a couple of other Swiss walkers in their 20´s who started in Switzerland as well. I consider myself a member of a Swiss trekking team for the time being. You can see the four of us drinking beers in the photo below..... On the way to Viloria I noticed a bar with free internet access. The computer was kind of dodgey but I was able to hastily post some photos. I´ll try to post more when I get a chance... Around mid day I stopped in Santo Domingo de Calzada and ventured into a supermercado to by some food. I picked up some items and checked out. On my way out I was stopped by a couple of employees. I could´nt understand them very well but they wanted to see the inside of my pack. As it turns out I was´nt supposed to wear my pack into the store. Believe it or not they have actually had problems with pilgrims stealing food ! Wow, talk about bad Karma ! Anyway, I opened my pack and showed them my stuff. They were quickly satisfied and thanked me. No Problema and I was on my way. Santo Domingo seemed like an ok place but it smelled like manure. Not sure why but it is surrounded by agricultural land.... Overall, todays walk was ok but it paralleled a nearby busy roadway a good portion of the distance. But hey, any day on the Camino is a good day compared to others.... Buen Camino !

No comments: