September 9, 2008

Viana - Smokey Bar & Procal Harem

Currently I´m blogging at a smokey bar in a medieval village with Procal Harem´s ¨Whiter Shade of Pale¨ playing over the speakers. Interesting contrast.....Today was another great day on the Camino de Santiago. I walked 18 miles across rolling hills covered with vineyards. Wide open and very pleasant. I´m staying in the village of Viana for the night. All day I saw very few pilgrims but I seem to have caught up to a large number of them in Viana. Everything is packed. Tonight I´m settling for floor space in a small albergue. I would have probably sought out a campsite but it´s a rainy evening so I´m happy to be where I´m at. The ablergue, although small, is quite nice. The hosts are very friendly. This particular albergue is run on a donations only basis. They even provided dinner and breakfast. Very nice........ I met a Swiss man today whose not much older than myself. He started walking the Camino from Zurich and has been walking for over 6 weeks. There are several routes to Santiago de Compostela and he decided to start it from his home.... I´ll try to post some photos from my walk whenever I find a computer with usb access. The only computer access I´ve been able to find is a coin operated variety. Kind of like a video game. 1 Euro (1.50 usd) for 20 minutes.... Hasta Lugeo !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Traveler,

Great to be able to follow you in spirit. I did France ths spring and will pick up again next Sep on the SJPP to Leon route. Please include weather observations. Thanks,
Otis Elevator

Unknown said...

Viana was one of my favorite places and I was there about a year a go at this time. As you continue on... Buen Camino