September 17, 2008

Moonlight Walk Over the Meseta...

Yesterday was a great day and I spent the afternoon and evening in Castrojeriz with no intention of finding a place to stay. Mark and Micah had the idea of walking under a full moon over the Meseta and camping along the way. The idea sounded appealing.  The plan was to have dinner and set out around 10:30 pm and that´s what we did.  Six of us planned to walk together. Mark, Micah, Simon, Petra, Xavier and myself.  There were a few clouds but we could still see quite well as we climbed out of Castrojeriz and up onto the the wide open emptiness offered by a Meseta. There was plenty of moolight to guide our way and we could see flashing lights atop wind generators in the far distance. I thought we would walk for an hour or so but we continued further over the the Meseta and down into an agricultural valley. We then passed thru a couple of villages and began to climb up another Meseta.  Around 2 am we opted to camp in a hay field.  I pitched my tent while the others constructed a bed of straw.  I was tired and went to sleep but every one else broke out food and wine as the full moon continued to fill the sky....

No comments: