August 20, 2008

Thinker - Musician - Songwriter - Songs




A great struggle in my life has been an ongoing personal battle with my creative self. As a thinker I'm afraid I spend too much time on left brain activities. I also have a tendency to be my own worst critic and am quite good at stifling myself in the middle of a creative project. I often feel as though I'm not living up to my potential by not being creative. At times it really bothers me....

My primary creative outlet is songwriting. I've been playing guitar regularly for over 25 years and occasionally I'll write a song. I'm self taught and have no interest in playing other artists material. Everything I do musically is original. I find it quite easy to start writing a new song but for whatever reason few songs get finished. In 2003 I kind of got my act together, finished a few songs , and scheduled a couple of quick low budget studio sessions. What I came up with was a collection of 9 tunes. Due to my vagabond lifestyle I named the project, “Slave To Freedom”... I then sent a couple of songs to friends, burned a CD or two and mailed a couple to a songwriting contest and that was it. The other day I decided to dust of the melodies and make them available to whoever might like them. Just click on the link, listen, and feel free to download... I hope you like it...... Cheers.....Click Here for My Music: http://www.myspace.com/toddgilbreath

No comments: