August 10, 2008

La Vida Social en Houston !

Rare Art - Profound Statement "Valhalla"


Valhallites !








Ralph ! At the Helm !
Valhalla Bartender
Chris the Brit & Simon the Simon


Es mas caliente que el demonio in Tejas ! Therefore I drink !... Plenty of water, carrot juice, and a few crevezas. Right now I'm just kind of cruising along looking foraward to my up coming trip to Spain. In the meantime I'm enjoying a bit of social life here in Houston... Last Friday I met a bunch of people from the running club (BCCR) for happy hour at the Black Lab Pub. While catching up with me mates at the pub I was quizzed by the ladies who inquired why I don't have a girlfriend. My response was, "I don't know, you tell me ?". They then asked me if I would like to join them for girls night out sometime ? I took this as a compliment. I mean, how many straight guys get invited to girls night out ???? Wait a minute !.... I hope they don't think I'm ~*^%@#??><@# !.................

Yesterday was the Texans first pre season football game. I showed up early with a couple of buddies to drink beer at a hot blacktop parking lot with temps close to a 100 degres. Never mind the high humidity. Fortunately we had the shade of a tent canopy and plenty of food and drink. After 4 hours of that we walked into Reliant Stadium and were hit by an amazing effect, Air conditioning ! Wow ! It was incredible.... Oh yeah, The Texans won...
As usual I'm a Wednesday night regular at Valhalla. It's a quaint little hidden pub on the Rice University Campus that offers high quality beer at a very low price..

No comments: