October 4, 2008

Santiago and Beyond.... Gotta walk a little more !




Tappas and Vino at midnight. Yes, that´s the way it´s done in Spain and that´s what I did last night with mi Camino Amigos. All was not finished after a midnight dinner so a couple of more drinks before heading back to the Pension made for a late night. It all turned out to be my birthday celebration so I´ll be taking it easy this evening........... For me the walk is´nt over just yet. Tomarrow I´ll put the pack back on and set off to the end of the world. It´s only 90 km and a three days walk away. In the years before Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue in 1492 it was commonly believed by many Europeans that Finisterre, Spain was the end of the world. In medieval times after pilgrims had made their journey to Santiago they would continue to Finistere and burn their clothes before turning around and walking home. Hopefully with new clothes. Will I burn anything ? Not sure....

3 comments:

Sil said...

Happy birthday peregrino!!
I have really enjoyed your blog and will miss it if you stop blogging now.
Not sure what to do in the short term? Why not offer to be a hospitalero in one of the albergues on the Fistera route? They always need a helping hand.
Enjoy the end of the world. Walk back via Muxia.
Abrazos,
Sil

Gingo Lingo said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODD!

from the Kings in Chile!

Anonymous said...

H Todd!

Belated happy birthday from your old high school friend Dave! I have enjoyed your blogs. I'll defintely be in touch. Dave.

P.S. Guess all of those runs to "Del Taco' in Houston Paid off!
regards,
"petersend@comcast.net"