October 12, 2008

On To Madrid..... From Pilgrim to Traveler

I´m currently in Santiago waiting to catch my train to Madrid early this afternoon. It´s a little strange being back in Santiago a week after completing the Camino. There are plenty of fresh Pilgrims just arriving and non of them look familiar. Everyone I met along the way is either back home or moving on to something else. The walk to Finnistere was a great way to close a fantastic journey and Muxia was the bonus prize. I arrived in Santiago yesterday morning. Last night I joined Han, Carla, Joyce, and Marlouse (all from Holland), Swan from Germany, and Max from the states (who I had´nt seen in a week)..... Han and joyce will head back to their sail boat in the Caribbean Dutch ABC´s and prepare to sail to New Zealand. Joyce, a Life Coach, is on her way back home to her husband and plans to take a more relaxed approach towards living. Marlouse, a published romance author, will continue her travels as she makes time to write along the way. Swan is returning to Germany and her medical studies as an MD. Max is on his way home where he runs his own consulting buisness with the enthusiasm of a real entreupanuer.... Me ? Well, I must admit I´m ready to go home for the time being but in a week or two I´ll start getting ideas for the next journey and/or chapter in life. In a few short days I´ll be back in Houston. I no longer consider myself a Pilgrim. I´m a Traveler......In a week or so I´ll post some closing thoughts on the my experience of the Camino de Santiago......On another note..... What´s been going on in the World for the last 6 weeks ? I hardly have a clue .................

No comments: