October 9, 2008

Finisterre.... And On To Muxia....




I can´t think of a better way to end the Camino de Santiago than to walk to Finisterre...... I left Santiago on Sunday and arrived in Finisterre on Tuesday. The second day of walking included alot of rain but I can´t complain considering I saw hardly any while walking the Camino. Finisterre is a very nice finishing village with alot of character. Definitely worth a layover day so that´s what I did yesterday. I´ve made alot of new friends along the Camino and on this strech I met Deb from the Uk. We walked together quite a bit the last three days and I really enjoyed her company. Like me she works a few months and travels a few months. It´s always nice to meet other people who relate to the un orthodox lifestyle of a Traveler Thinker. Yesterday Deb went back home to the UK but I imagine we´ll cross paths again someday.... From the Village of Finisterre it´s a short 2 km walk to the former assumed end of the world. There are numerous trails and a variety of hiking options with some nice beaches. Lots of steep rocky hills with great views and plenty of rugged shoreline..... Well, I can´t stop walking just yet... Today I will hike 30 km to another coastal fishing village known as Muxia. I´ll be meeting up with a few other walkers during the day and the weather is great so it should be fun. I still have a few more days before flying home but once I arrive in Muxia I plan to be finished with walking in Spain for awhile. I´ll then start making my way towards Madrid....

No comments: