July 15, 2008

Ratha Yatra







Houston is not a a Cowtown. It's an Oil & Energy Town. Houston is also very affordable and college is cheap in Texas. The city attracts alot of people from overseas and Mexico seeking affordable education and numerous work opportunites. Houston is close to Mexico and Texas use to be a part of Mexico until Santa Anna and his men were defeated right outside of Houston in 1836.... Little did Santa Anna, Sam Houston, and Davy Crockett ever realize that they would be paving the way for such greats as Yao Ming and Krishna.... Yep, Krishna.... Last weekend was the Ratha Yatra Festival and I was was there. The festival commemorates Krishna's return to His home in Vrindavin after a long period of separation from the people there. Houston is home to a large Indian Community. I attended the festival with my good friend Neeraj. He grew up 30 miles from the Taj Mahal and wants me to go to India with him next year. I intend to go...

No comments: