July 26, 2008

Dalai Lama - Did He Say That !


Today was an interesting day. I got to see the Dalai Lama speak and afterwards I shook his hand ! It was a good shake. The kind you would expect from a simple compassionate Tibeten Monk who just happens to be a world leader. My opportunity for the shake came as he left the tent and people were lined up along a walkway. As I stood along side I suddenly saw an opening between a couple of secret service dudes and threw out my hand. The Dalai Lama kindly obliged and gave me a quick smile... I thought it was pretty cool...

He spoke at the Aspen Institute Music Tent and had lots of good things to say but I'm still kind of puzzled by his opening words.... Did he really say F--k It ! No kidding... He said it again ! It was in reference to our political and spiritual differences and how we shouldn't let it get between being nice to one another. Again, he said it !... The crowd was aghast and laughing at the same time as was the Dalai Lama... He then said, "Forget It", in way that insinuated that's what he really meant to say. Was it a silly translation fo pau or a joke on us all ???..... Hours later people are still talking about it... Did the Dalai Lama really say, "F--k It !

No comments: