July 18, 2008

Denver Arrival

I left Houston yesterday morning at 5am and arrived at my destination in Denver, Colorado a little before 8 pm. I covered the 1,020 + mile drive in 15 hours 56 minutes. Travel time included a 30 minute lunch stop in Claude, Tx. I am very fortunate to own one of the greatest cars ever made. A Subaru Outback… I averaged 29 mpg and drove 70 – 75 mph most of the way.

I spent the day today with my 7 year old nephew Max. My sister followed me out from Texas to Colorado years ago. She started a career in Denver and got married. Once she had Max my mother moved out from Houston to be near her grandson. My sister and mother live in Denver so I’m getting in the family first.

I’ll spend a few days in the Denver / Boulder area before heading up to Aspen. I plan to get in some good hikes and will likely climb a couple of Peaks while in Colorado.

No comments: