July 14, 2008

The In Between

I'm currently in between things right now. Hmmmmm, Haven't I been here before ??? My last big adventure was 2 months in Chile & Argentina over the winter. I've been back in Houston since mid March. Upon my return I had to quickly wrestle up some more freedom fodder, AKA, money. Money is a funny thing. You definitely need a certain amount but if you really want to be free then you don't want too much. It's ironic how more money equals less freedom. You can have money or you can have freedom. At least that's the way it is in America. Too much money means more responsibility and things become kind of complex as ones lifestyle tends to change with money. Money changes people in peculiar ways. It messes with their mind and skews their goals and such. Well, maybe not all the time. It really just depends what you want in life. Actually, I'm just trying to convince myself that I'm doing the right thing by flaking off from time to time. Damn, I forgot to buy a lottery ticket tonight !

In a few days I'll likely travel up to Colorado to visit me mates. I use to live in Boulder & Aspen. My next big Adventure will likely be starting this September. I'm planning to walk the Camino de Santiago from France across northern Spain. Its around 500 miles or so. I love to hike/walk. It's really good for the mind. The Camino is an ancient pilgrimage route so I hope to experience some sort of spiritual awaking that I can write a screen play about. Maybe go to Hollywood and pitch it to the Big Boys at Paramount or something. Or, perhaps I'll fall in love with a lovely beautiful Spanish senorita and run away to live with her in a villa on a vineyard next to the Mediterranean... Ahh yes, I am a dreamer. The funny thing is sometimes dreams come true !

No comments: