December 13, 2008

Snow Ball At Valhalla



While navigating my way out of the Valley of contemplation I came to the realization that hesitation due to over analyzation leads to situations requiring the need for behavior modification. The one problem with being a “World Traveler and Thinker” is the the “Thinking Part”. It'll get me in trouble every time. Thinking is good but best done in moderation. The cure ? A good run, time at a Coffee shop called “Antidote”, a few beers at “Valhalla”, snow in Houston, and over 60,000 airline miles. Wow ! Now that's a recipe for endless possibilities !......... Best not to give it too much thought otherwise I might come down with a case of “Mass Option Disorder” which invariably leads to impaired decision making skills. Like I always say, “ When you don't know what to do, do something”. I'm doing something.

I've decided to start taking a more creative approach towards writing and constructing blog entries. I do not want to bore myself or others with a blow by blow of what I ate for breakfast or how much I dislike the noise of gas powered leaf blowers. I'm more interested in releasing creative potential that's been stifled by the demons of self doubt. Time to slay a few dragons in order to boost up a little confidence. Now, if I can only find my sword ????

Last Wednesday it snowed in Houston. It actually snowed pretty good and some areas got more than just a dusting. Some winters Houston never gets temperatures below freezing but every few years there's a remote outside chance of a snowflake or two. In the photo above you can see me with a snow ball at Valhalla. I was amazed and fascinated to be experiencing such a rare possibility.

In the near future I plan to drive up to Colorado to visit family and friends. Afterwards I will do something else. I recently ordered a guidebook to Tasmania and a mini laptop. Not sure what that means but I'm sure I'll figure it out....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hI tODD, mrry Christmass from your friend of Madrid. Ihope you find your way (maybe tomarrow, ...) but meanwhile, thank yoy for sharing it!!!

big hugs

Wonderduck said...

OK now...the snowball should be viewed while outside under the trees:-)

Keep up the blog. It is a good one. I loved the Camino updates and I also enjoyed your post about the AT.