December 31, 2008

Skiing Colorado



View from the top of Elk Camp. Snowmass Ski Area.






If there’s an economic recession going on it’s hard to tell in Aspen, Colorado. Things appear to be rolling along just fine. Ok, maybe the sales of multi million dollar second homes is down but your lucky to find a parking space…… Wait,,, What ? I just talked with my friend Tim. Aspen’s a mess. Two bomb threats at two separate banks as I type this entry ! Trouble in Paradise ? Oh well, as long as it doesn’t affect the New Years Eve Party scene everything should be ok.

For the last couple of days the weather has been glorious and the snow divine. Lots of sun and not very cold. On my drive over from Denver I stopped in Frisco to fly around the nordic trails for a couple of hours on my lightweight cross country racing skiis. I love to cross country ski and especially enjoy the skate technique over classical. I’m a fairly proficient skater so the enjoyability factor is quite high for me. Cross country skiing is my favorite sport but I really don’t like cold weather. It’s kind of a problem. However, a nice mild winter day on good trails makes dealing with the cold a lot easier to enjoy what I consider to be the coolest cardio sport ever..

Today I skied the lifts of Snowmass Ski Area. I scored a couple of ½ price lift pass coupons from a ski patrol I know. My good buddy Dan is back home in Jersey with the family and offered the use of his slopside condo for a few days. As I’ve stated before in this blog. I’m a very lucky man…

Although I have Dan’s condo to myself I am not alone. There’s Leon the oversized cat. He’s well fed but agile and full of attitude and likeability. Since I have no intention of going out tonight I reckon Leon and I will be bringing in the New Year together. Yep, I have no desire to go out. Why start off the first day of a New Year feeling like hell with a hangover. Instead, I will awake early to snowshoe up Aspen mountain with friends. As I’ve said. 2009 is destined to be a Grand Year…..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skiing is my favorite sport... I got good quality of ski boots and binding by using coupons...

Micheal Alexander said...

I really liked your Information. Keep up the good work. PADI Scuba diving Koh Lanta