December 29, 2008

2009 - Destined To Be A Grand Year !

Geetings ! After a period of sparse posts and uneventful living it's back to more interesting experiences.....2009 is positioned to be a Grand Year for the World Traveler and Thinker. I have great things planned for this blog. I’ll start the year off with a winter break in Aspen then I’ll return to Houston for about 3 months of nitty gritty getting it together nuts and bolts resource gathering. I’ll dive deep into misc. this and that combined with conglomerative necessitary riga ma roll. Some call it work but I prefer to not think of it as such…..

2009 will be a year predominately focused on travel and writing as I creatively navigate the alternatives to “Status Quo”. I will likely be abroad for a longer period of time than last years 3½ months. Domestic travel no longer counts as real travel for me. Ideas for next year include: Sailing (Atlantic Crossing), Walking in Europe, Asia (Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, and India), and South America (Peru, Bolivia, N. Chile and Easter Island). I'm also interested in jogging the Medoc Marathon with friends in France. Well, this is the long list for now but at least I have it narrowed down. As usual my loose plans are always flexible so it will be interesting to see how it unfolds thoroughout the year. Needless to say, I'll be going about it in true low budget backpacker fashion….

Currently I’m in Denver. I drove up from Houston on Christmas Eve. I made the trip in 15½ hours which is record time for me. I only stopped for gas and and arrived at my sisters house in Denver just in time for dinner. The next few days were followed with visiting family and friends. I also spent a day on the ski slopes of Eldora. Today I’m simply tired and need a bit of rest so I’m not doing much. Tomorrow I’ll drive to Aspen to ski and bring in the New Year….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Todd, Happy new year and good skiing!!

Javi.