May 1, 2011

Caught Up In The Journey - Destination?





I’ve been close to a month on the road and as always time is passing very quickly. Travel has been much easier than anticipated and in all honesty not quite as exiciting as I thought it would be. I’ve had some great days but for the most part it’s been pretty much a ho hum experience. I’ve been to enough places in the world that my definition of exotic foreign travel has evolved and changed. For someone who has never traveled outside of the west, China would probably be kind of a mind blower. For me, it’s Asia as I’d more or less expect. What’s nice about it is that I’m very comfortable traveling here. At I times I find myself in a more contemplative state of mind.


Words get in the way of communication and plans can get in the way of life. Be open to all you see. It’s impossible not to have an opinion but try not to judge. Although people and cultures can be so different everyone has the same to desire to live a peaceful happy life amidst family and friends. Day to day existence is survival for everyone. Some pick up a hoe and walk to the fields while others pick up a laptop and drive a BMW to work. The end goal is the more or less the same for everyone. Some are more concerned with the health of their portfolio, others the health of their Yak. Me? I live in the in-between, circumnavigating the contrasts of existence and my role amidst it all.


I guess you can say I’m compelled to stockpile a mixed load of life experiences. In a interesting and exciting way I feel it’s all leading me somewhere. Somedays I question what am I really doing? Why do I feel this drive? At the same time I feel like I’m right where I’m supposed to be so I just trust the feeling and do my best to stay present in the now. Caught up in the Journey but not really sure of the destination.

No comments: