January 18, 2009

Daydreaming At The Crossroads - Snowy Tropics

Time slips through the wind like water through a fall. Day folds into the night and the future reveals itself with the rising of a giant fireball in the sky 93 million miles away. The beginning ends with a new beginning. What was new is old and what was old is older. Memory fades and a week passes...Then a pause... Some say, Where is "The World Traveler and Thinker" ? Thus thou have not heard nor seen written word as of late. Has he disappeared into the ether of unlimited potential or is he wallowing in the perplexion of quandary?....

I'm attempting to add a little creative wax to my lyrical enterprises. It's all part of a loose plan that's slowly taking form.... After an unplanned two week hiatus from Blog Posts I'm returning stronger, wiser, and more ambiguously inspired than ever ! Yes ! I have focus !

I returned to Houston on January 9 with a strange headache that started on the the 7. It finally faded away around the 13. That was followed by a rash of busyness pertaining to resource management and general rig a ma roll which caused a two week departure from this blog..... As far as the headache goes I'd like to think that my brain was undergoing a natural healthy balancing adjustment of left and right hemispheres. You see, right brain is creative and left brain is analytical. I tend to have a problem with the left side snubbing out the right. Fortunately the right fights back but I tend to find myself stuck in the middle. The middle is like being at a crossroads. It's not a bad place per se but I tend to spend a little too much time checking out the signs, weighing my options, daydreaming etc. etc.... Sometimes I'll make a relatively quick decision and start heading down a path while other times I'll hang out for days, weeks, months, or even years. Figuratively speaking of course.... I don't think the Colorado altitude combined with cold temps and vigorous cross country skiing up trails with names like Terminator had anything to do with the headache... What ???

My Colorado winter holiday lasted a little over two weeks. The snow was fabulous. I got in 6 days of good quality cross country skiing on my light weight racing skis and one day of skiing the lifts with my Telemark skis. I spent a week in Aspen and had a lot of fun running into a number of people I haven't seen in quite awhile. My time is Denver was spent mostly with family..... I made the drive back to Houston from Denver in 16 hours....

Overall, Colorado was a great excursion but after 2 weeks of cold snowy weather I was ready to get back to the mild winter climate of Houston. It's funny. For so many years I enjoyed living in cold and snow but for now I've had enough of it. I currently prefer having the opportunity to run in 70 degree weather during the month of January. I quite fancy a more tropical like climate these days....I recently had a thought. Wouldn't it be nice to buy a sailboat I could live aboard ? Well, I think I'll be at the crossroads awhile with that idea.....

1 comment:

Max Major said...

Good to have you back, world traveler. Max from the Camino just checking in with ya.