January 21, 2009

My Beer Can Collection - 1979




















When I was 14 years old I had the coolest room and was quite the entrepreneur when it came to Beer Can Collecting. I joined Beer Can Collectors of America when I was 10 and traded cans through the mail with collectors all over the world. I got my dad kind of interested so every year we would go to the national "Canvention". Hundreds of collectors would gather from all over the states and trade cans. I collected heavily until about the age of 20 or so and amassed a collection of over 4,000 different varieties. As you can see in the photo I filled my room with shelves to display as many as I could.... I still look for older cans so if you come across any feel free to drop me a note... The photo above was taken in 1979....

No comments: