June 16, 2014

England - A Pit Stop Thus Far


Thus far England has turned out to be a pit stop. I arrived quite tired from my travels in Israel and allowed myself to fall into a lackadaisical role of, “Well taken care of Guest”. I’ve tempered my stay with morning runs, work in Grans garden, and a little help here and there, otherwise, I’ve allowed myself to be a bit lazy. I abandoned the drive of “Must Do” and have embraced the evening pint at a pub after a day of miscellaneous this and that.
The compulsion of “Must” and “Now” were put on hold in exchange for “Later” and “It’s not going anywhere”. For ten days I’ve been spoiled by Debbie cooking all my meals with a smile and driving me to the pubs without question. She’s been a good friend, gracious and generous. Her father’s open door and hospitality have been greatly appreciated. Time has passed much too fast. Meeting and spending time with her significant other, Esteban, and her longtime friend, Will, have enhanced my stay as I’ve been able to make new friends.

Tomorrow will mark 11 days which means I must resume my duty of traveler and thinker. I have a boat load of options, a few invitations, and the blessing of freedom. The coast of England, the French countryside, the Alps, and the shores of Belgium are all very likely. My plan is loose. I’ll fly as long as I can on the wings of a weak U.S. Dollar as I enjoy the lovely situation I am in.
 

No comments: