July 11, 2010

Italian Cappuccino….. It’s Amazing!

I don’t drink a lot of coffee but I do enjoy a nice latte or cappuccino from time to time. Since I’ve been in Italy I’ve been drinking cappuccino. This morning my Aunt Anna announces that she has made a beautiful cup of cappuccino for me. I was about to head out the door for a run but paused to enjoy the beautiful cup of cappuccino. I normally don’t drink coffee before running but today I did.

The cappuccino was absolutely splendid. I’m not sure what we drink back in the states but it’s not like the coffee in Italy. Anyway, I drank the cup and went for a run. It was the first run in my life after drinking cappuccino. What I discovered is that coffee is definitely a sports enhancement drug. I felt like a speedy 25 year old jacked up on jet fuel. It made for a very easy yet very quick run. When I finished Frank needed a good sized area of field mowed with a lawn mower. I was still firing along like a Ferrari so I knocked it out like a shot of Lemon cello.

Italian Cappuccino….. It’s Amazing!

No comments: