June 27, 2010

Feeling Better, Moving On

I’ve been taking it easy in Cornwall and after a few days of feeling particularly lousy, due to a cold, I’m now starting to come around. Today I went for a nice walk along the coast. There’s an actual trail that follows the Southwest coast for approximately 500 miles. I was going to walk the 200 mile section through Cornwall but have since decided I’d prefer to move on. However, as I day walked along the coast today I wondered if I should reconsider? Jet lag followed by getting sick clouds the decision making process. The upside to everything is that the weather has been absolutely fabulous with non stop sun. Cool nights and warm days. The locals say it's hot but it's nowhere near hot compared to where I come from.

Deb and her father left for home this morning. Tonight will be my 4th night camped in my tent at St Ives. Tomorrow I definitely want to move on. I just wanted to feel better before doing so. The plan as of now is to move on to France in a couple of days. Although I plan to be in Europe for awhile I only have so much time. I’ve purchased a Lonely Planet guidebook to France and have my French phrase book in hand. I plan to take a ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff.

I started my trip to Europe a week ago with a very loose plan and at this point I think it’s even looser. Not really sure where I’m going or what I’m doing. Torn between wanting to hike and simply just floating around. This may sound good and in a lot of ways it is but it can also be a bit disorienting. I always travel on a loose plan but I generally have a much better direction with certain goals in mind. This time things are starting out much differently…. Maybe I just need to go on a long walk. Can’t really go wrong with that…..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better Todd. Hopefully you'll have a good walk today.