February 14, 2009

Too Serious ? That's not Healthy !


Ordinary life can become dull and routine if one allows it to. Lately I've been very busy running around dealing with the nuts an bolts of regularness. This has been getting in the way of other goals in my desire to pursue more creative interests. It's no wonder why so many artists live a menial life in pursuit of their creative dreams. Simply making money and getting caught up in the left brain analytics of doing so can REALLY be distracting. For creative types doing what one loves may very well lead to the money not following. For better or worse we all need money to some extent. That's just the way it is. I can see the appeal of the corporate path. It's really quite simple as long as one works hard and plays the game. Step by step and up the ladder one goes. It's all laid out more or less. It's safe and offers the best chance for success and security. For those of us who prefer a more independent and/or entrepeneural like path, it's a bit more complicated. I've sampled the corporate life and it's not my cup of tea therefore I've been dealt a riddle. The Joker gets the best of me sometimes. So, when I found out about a 4 week comedy writing workshop that starts next week it made perfect sense that I should sign up, so, I did. Things have been a little too serious lately and that's not healthy....

2 comments:

Bob Brown said...

I often thought your running club would make a great reality show! Perhaps it should be inspiration for your comedy workshop.

Neeraj Rohilla said...

This means we will get to read more frequent + funny posts from you. Awesome!!!