March 24, 2011

Unforseen Obstacles

As is often the case in life unforseen obstacles appear before an anticipated clear path. Whether it be a Tsunami, a melting down of a nuclear reactor, or a family crisis one must adjust, cope, and hopefully make the right decisions to move forward.

As of now I’m sticking with my original travel plans but I’ve been navigating obstacles. Things haven’t been going as smoothly as hoped. I’ve bascially got two weeks to get it together and all in all I’ve got the important stuff covered such as managing my resources, obtaining visa’s etc. I haven’t been particularly efficient but chores are getting done.

The trip I am about to embark on will be fairly lenghty and upon my return I’ll most positively be headed a different direction. Once I get going I’ll definitely be in store for an exciting ride upon the ongoing adventure of life. If your life doesn’t feel like a cool adventure then your missing out. That is unless you don’t much care for adventure. Live now, you never know what can happen.

The other day I found out that a man I worked with for two and a half years in Aspen is currently in the final stages of ALS. We are the same age. The last time I saw him he was a healthy athlete but now his life is almost done. I read a blog that he wrote with an optical system. He wrote about how he was at a party and everyone was talking about problems at work etc.,. He couldn’t talk but wanted to say, “Geezz, What would you rather be doing?” Naturally you can’t have everything the way you want it all the time but I can totally relate to what he said. My personal mantra has always been, “live life now.” Once your born the clock starts ticking and no one knows how much time they have. Life is gift, use it wisely and live it fully.

I cannot finish this post without addressing how bothered I’ve been by todays current events. The recent tsunami, Japanese nuclear crises, and uprisings in the middle east add to an uneasy feel to the world in which we live. There’s really nothing good about what’s happeining in Japan and whether or not the changes in the middle east will amount to a better sitiuation is open to debate. Personally I’m sick of war. Sometimes it’s justified but more often than not I believe there’s a better way. As far as the nuclear crisis goes I’ve always been anti nuclear and what’s going on in Japan is the reason why. The more I travel the more I feel connected to world events beacause ultimately it affects us all.

The world is getting smaller and smaller. People really need to learn how to get along and we need to quit going against nature. I’m really feeling like an idealistic Greener these days. If you don’t know what a Greener is, its someone who graduated from one of the more unusual American Universities. The Evergreen State College, Olympia, Wa. Me? Class of 1989...

No comments: