September 6, 2010

In A Few Days.......





In a few days I’ll be back in Texas after being gone for almost 3 months. This trip got off to a rough start with being sick in England and taking a fall in the Pyrenees but things really turned around when I visited my Aunt and Uncle in Italy. After nearly two weeks in Italy I returned to France to live next to a pond in the Loire Valley for 3 weeks as I worked for the European Yoga Festival. From there it was back to what I really love doing and that’s long distance walking. The four week journey along the ancient Pilgrimage route, Chemin St Jacques, from Le Puy to St. Jean Pied Port was wonderful and passed way too quickly.

Despite having been gone for a good while this is one time that I feel like I could easily keep going. Considering I’ve spent less money than anticipated I could afford to keep traveling as long as I adhered to a backpacker camping style and did most all of my own food. I’ve considered jumping over to Corsica to hike some amazing trails and am very tempted to do so but somehow reluctantly feel like I need to stick to my original plan and return home as scheduled. Perhaps it’s better to utilize my time and resources for other ideas, plans, etc.

What’s been very different about this trip is that it hasn’t been about doing what I want to do most all of the time like most trips are. It’s been a little more about doing what feels right despite whether or not it’s really what I had in mind. In the end the outcome has been quite good and maybe even better than had I followed my original desires. It has definitely taken me places I hadn’t really planned with positive and constructive results. I’ll be making some changes when I return. It will be interesting to see where life takes me next…..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll buy you a big Tex-Mex dinner when you get back and unpacked! Can't wait to catch up!

Anonymous said...

Ben tornato a casa... we are back ,getting over the jet lag. Come see us asap.
Zio Frank