February 23, 2010

Ho Hum....







Ho Hum isn't bad. It's just regular, routine, day to day living. Not particularly interesting but nothing to complain about. Time in the Ho Hum passes quickly when combined with narrow focused busyness. Ever since returning from Asia I've been chasing the all elusive fuel for freedom otherwise known as the Yankee Dollar. In my experience the only sure fire way of making money is by working for it. Praying and wishing are fairly useless without actually doing something. The heavens may rain manna and water might be turned to wine but you still got to pick up the bread and fetch a goblet or something.

I'm still a little uncertain as to what my next journey will be but I figure I'll have the resources to roll sometime this Spring. I frequently get asked where my next adventure will take me but I have no answer as of yet. In a way I feel like I'm waiting on word for my next assignment. I'll see where the spirit moves me. It always takes me somewhere.

In the meantime I feel a bit like the guys in the photo attached to this post. I took this picture of a painted stairway and door while in Valparaiso, Chile a couple of years ago. In life I'm always curious as to what's behind the door, around the next corner, or just over the the mountain. For me, life becomes a little too ho hum without that kind of curiosity.

No comments: